The Liquid Gears platform offers full metadata data support across all platform components and content levels delivering end-to-end rules based publishing.
Metadata in the Liquid Gears Platform is additional information that accompanies your documents. The metadata format is JSON which means your metadata can be structured, searchable and easily integrate with other systems.
Metadata can be used to carry alongside documents information coming straight from your internal systems. This information can even be augmented or modified manually.
Components of the Liquid Gears Platform can also add to the metadata about a Document or Page to help you subsequently track how content was processed through the Platform.
Metadata is organised into three parts:
- Readonly metadata: this is metadata which is typically generated by an automated system and is not meant to be edited manually.
- Tags: these are commonly used to help organise content once published in applications.
- Custom: a “bag of data” which is manually editable by, for example, content editors. This can be used to manually specify values to drive complex organisation of content in Mobile and Web Apps, or trigger the integration of content with external systems towards the end of the publishing workflow.
Metadata can be made use of for Documents and Pages at several points of the publishing workflow:
- External systems and the Liquid Gears Feeds component of the Platform can ingest content, using readonly metadata to specify the details of the processing they did, or default tags and custom metadata values for editors to review.
- Users of the Platform, such as content editors can update tags and custom metadata in Carbon Editor and Ubiquity Dashboard.
- The metadata can then be used to drive the behaviour and presentation of documents in Mobile & Web Apps.
For more information and technical details about Metadata, please refer to our Platform Documentation for Carbon Editor and Ubiquity Dashboard.