With Carbon Editor you can structure, create, edit, integrate, and deliver optimised content from a single source across multiple channels with on-the-fly styling, versioning, and end-point variations. This allows you to create your communications once and distribute across a variety of channels such as native apps, web, print and display screens.
Carbon Editor is designed to fit within existing content creation and publishing workflows with support for content created both within the platform, or imported via XML or RSS feeds, and exports possible to a range of destinations, including InDesign, PDF, HTML and more.
Create brand new content with a powerful editing interface helping you to efficiently produce highly structured, un-styled content. With Carbon Editor, you can make use of typed sections and fields; add images, tables, lists, formulas to maximise the re-purposing of your content and keep your export options open.
This content management platform allows you to version your pages as you go, and revert to previous versions. Use page templates to ensure consistency and build a style guide to inform content creators of your preferences.
Organise your content to a granular level into spaces, categories, documents, pages, sections and fields. Working with templates and creating content on a granular level enables editors to structure content with more control.
Categories allow you to group your Documents, whilst remaining flexible with the ability to have a Document in multiple Categories. Users can easily create and publish the same core content with slight variations, without having to duplicate the content.
Leverage the use of Carbon Editor Spaces to create an individual work space for a specific project, team or department. Carbon Editor allows you to work collaboratively on various aspects of content by assigning multiple user role types to improve the efficiency and productivity of your team. Invite your team and let them access your entire Organisation or just a Space.
Grant your team with capabilities, for example editing and exporting content, by giving them admin permissions on your Organisation or Space, or limit their editing to Documents in a specific Category.
Offer a superior customer experience by defining themes in Carbon Editor to style your content to deliver unified and consistent communications across all your channels. Put your web designers skills to use to style Documents whether you export them in HTML or PDF for use in Mobile & Web Apps or anywhere else.
With Carbon Editor, you can import a single page or documents with hundreds of pages. Either use our imports API or manually upload documents as a zip file containing pages in LSXML, our documented LS XML format.
Carbon Editor supports multiple content export types, with the ability to deliver the same communications optimised for multiple formats across various channels.
Export your content out of Carbon Editor in various formats:
- Ubiquity Dashboard: Based on HTML with a few additions to seamlessly be distributed to app users following permissions defined in Ubiquity Dashboard.
- HTML: Our principal format for presentation on any device that is supported.
- PDF: Produce PDF documents for content reviews with people outside your Carbon Editor team or for distribution outside of Mobile & Web Apps.
- InDesign: Generate InDesign XML compatible with an InDesign template to create a print product.
- Export Documents in LSXML to re-import them in a different Space or for backup purposes.
- Process your LSXML exports programmatically for integration with any CMS product or other system including databases.
Import, version and export content using our fully documented Carbon Editor API.
- Use Content Embedding to avoid any duplication of content.
- Use Advanced Searches to quickly search your pages. Save your searches to save time and share your Saved Searches to increase collaboration.
- Use Dynamic Documents to subset a library of content and automatically have Carbon Editor create new Documents for you, with the option of publishing them too.
- Use Variations to avoid duplicating content when you wish to distribute multiple Documents with only small differences.
- Import or manually add Metadata against your Documents and Pages to enable searches, content audits, and to keep your content traceable all the way through.
- Automatically export PO (Gettext) files to import into your internationalisation solution and then import newly translated Documents.
- … and more. Carbon Editor is an extremely powerful tool for importing, creating, organising and exporting highly structured content.
For more technical information on Carbon Editor, please refer to our Platform Documentation.