Mobile Apps created with the Liquid Gears Platform include support for event tracking so you can know how many users are actively using your App, when and how often. You can dive deeper by gathering content engagement data, understanding how users interact with your application and content.
App engagement is recorded automatically and made available to you for review via Ubiquity Dashboard, complete with historical charts and predictions of usage over the rest of the current week/month/year.
Mobile Apps created with the Liquid Gears Platform also include support for tracking usage of the content within the apps in two different ways:
1. For Document views and interactions: out of the box
As Mobile Apps contain a Document Reading interface, they automatically provide tracking of how much individual Documents and Pages are viewed and for how long. This gives you unparalleled insight into the value your published content brings to the end users.
2. For everything else: Integrated Web Apps Framework
These are only a few of a vast amount of data points you can record:
- How many times a button was used,
- How many times links to websites were used,
- How many times a screen was viewed,
- How many users went from screen A to screen B,
- How many times users starting filling in a form and stopped in the middle,
- … and many more
Built-in Actionable Analytics
Ubiquity Dashboard gives you the ability to action analytics data with just a few clicks:
- Create new App User Groups to form cohorts of App Users based on their previous activity
- Send messages to communicate directly with App Users based on their previous activity
If required, our flexible analytics backend gives you the opportunity to securely forward tracking events in real-time to any analytics tool or system which you or your customer might be using.
Make your own copy of event tracking data for backup purposes, use your
Self Serve Analysis: BYO BI Tool
If required, recorded data can be made available via a data warehouse product with which you can integrate your preferred BI tool such as Microsoft Power BI. Create your own analyses of recorded data to produce reports for your customers or let them access the data warehouse directly themselves.
Analytics and Privacy
As always, the Liquid Gears Platform event tracking and analytics features are built with privacy and data protection in mind. No matter what, you are in control and the user’s privacy is never compromised thanks to features baked into the backend of your solution:
App Users are de-identified from the moment they register an account.
Multiple, purpose-made identifiers
An App User is represented by a different identifier in each part of the backend solution. Re-identifying users are therefore much more complex, and user’s privacy is enhanced.
As an example:
- “John Doe” is an App User who provided their email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” as their username upon registering.
- In Ubiquity Dashboard, John appears as a unique identifier. For example “ABC-123” (Note: real identifiers are much more complex and random). His name or email address is not visible to anyone.
- When John uses the app, event tracking information is recorded using a different identifier “DEF-456”.
- By default, no one accessing data in the solution will be able to associate John’s personal details and the two unique identifiers.
- Only strongly
authorisedadmin users using a custom-made dashboard will be able to gather together this information according to pre-defined business rules.
- The same idea applies to other services part of the solution, for example, any third party who may relay emails or push notifications to this same user will be dealing with another set of identifiers.
Note that identifiers are consistent, giving you the ability to follow the journey of an App User through your solution whilst never disclosing their personal information.