With its commitment to improving clinical outcomes using world-class digital technologies, GCHHS sought an industry partner to co-design and co-develop a prototype of Patient Journey Tracker which had the customer and patient experience at the core of all activities.
The Varsity Lakes Day Surgery Hospital was recently commissioned by GCHHS to undertake minor surgery procedures which didn’t require the patients to stay at the hospital overnight. Since the patients were reliant on their carers to provide transport and support, there was a constant challenge of providing up-to-date information to the carers due to the varying length of surgical procedures. Responding to queries of carers consumed the time of nurses and administrative staff, causing work disruption and negatively impacting their overall efficiency and productivity.
Deliver a fully functional Proof-of-Concept (PoC) based on Liquid Gears platform that includes a full and flexible UI/UX kit linked to a library of pre-coded, but themeable, React interface components. The platform utilizes an integrated approach to test design ideas within technical environment sandbox integrations with health information systems. This integrated platform approach delivers truly testable health solutions quickly, flexibly, efficiently, economically and most importantly, that validate design ideas iteratively, cooperatively and technically.
The prototype demonstrated the ability to engage the carers regarding the status of patients during the completion of various surgical procedures within GCHHS.
– Custom patient engagement pathways that align with the patient journey but communicate with the carer.
– Tailored communications app delivered on phone and tablet for patients and their selected friends and family (circle of trust).
– A personalised content stream containing documents, videos, and messages sourced from Content Bank.
– Tailored administration dashboard for managing content and messaging, patients and members of their circle of trust.
– A mechanism for triggering patient’s progress through their journey and subsequent automatic notifications to members of the trust circle based around integration with GCHHS information systems.
Produced a fully functional PoC based on Liquid Gears platform that validated not just the UI/UX approach but also the underlying technical assumptions and now the project is moving to production.